yes and sadly that is what the industry is coming to.
They don't want real games they just want crappy after crappy game.
they have grone up just going bang, bang, bang.
To change that is going to be hard.
people like going bang for some reason never mind what sitting for hours bashing a game does to you.
My brother has rsi because of his online playing over his teen years.
The condition he has has no name, is rsi like and as far as we know not curable as such.
he has to be carefull how he does things and the thing is perminant.
So I know what heavy smashing does to a gamer or any system user.
I don't seem to get this sort of hash but my aunt that does one or 22 tasks a day repeatedly does have something like that.

At 08:54 PM 10/30/2013, you wrote:
that's because they put so much graphical content into the game and not much else there's very little replay value. also the system requirements for said games are becoming insane now. the pioneers of games such as elite are still being talked about today and for very very good reason. but i bet you 20 years down the line the games of today or the very vast majority of them won't have the same following.

Sent from my iPad