There's something that I want to point out, and this seems like a good
place to point it out.
There's this movement in the sighted gaming community to move toward
retro gaming. For them, that means eight-bit graphics, simulated
eight-bit sounds, simple stories, and cheap prices. I suggest that our
community isn't as used to the kind of glorious soundscapes that maybe
we'd like, but retro is still neat.
Sure, a game like this with sounds would be neat, but sounds aren't a
deal breaker for me at least. A game like MOTA should, in my opinion,
have great sounds, which it does, because it's an emersion experience.
You might say that the goal of the game is to put you, the player,
into the environment. A game like this, in this style, isn't an
emersion experience. If the sounds are there, cool. If they aren't,
sure.

On another note, am I right in remembering that in Hack you could get
another better unit if you leveled up, so you had to figure out
whether it was better to upgrade your current unit or to wait for a
better one? If so, I would really like to see that mechanic remain. if
not, I'd like to ask that you consider implementing something like
that.
I really liked one thing about Hack, though. It was iconic to us, a
sort of playful tour through history. It didn't neatly fall into the
genre traps of fantasy, sci-fi, etc. It was purely fanciful. I'd like
to see that again somehow. I don't know really how to explain it.
I suppose the closest thing I can come up with are the silly games
like Elf Bowling that sighted folks used to play, but even that
doesn't really encompass it. Imagine a game where, say, Android
products and iOS products got up and waged war on each other,
something that silly and ridiculous and just plain fun.
That was my favorite part of Hack.

On 11/23/13, Ryan Conroy <staindadd...@juno.com> wrote:
> I used to play this game constantly when I had the Braille N Speak. I'm
> definitely interested. One question though, will you be adding sounds to the
> game? That would make it way more interesting for me. :)
>
> Ryan

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard