If you don't have the bucks, you have to get what you can with what you have.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mac versus windows sales plus iOS question

Hi Josh,

True, but there is a down side to buying cheap computers, and that is
the hardware doesn't last long. I have owned many affordable
e-machines for Windows and Linux, and I am here to say that in the
main the hardware lasts about two years and dies.

I'll give you an example here. The Compaq Presario I am using right
now has had numerous hardware replacements in the five years since I
purchased it from Walmart. First the CD/DVD drive died and needed
replaced, the keyboard stopped working and needed replaced, the power
supply had to be replaced, and now it looks like I am going to have to
get a new case fan for the laptop case. I don't know what cheap parts
Compaq, AKA HP, is using in there budget machines but I have had more
problems with this laptop than I have ever had with a more expensive
system.

the point I am getting at is I know people with Mac's who purchased
their laptop right about the same time I got this Compaq and have had
less troubles with the hardware  in that PC than I have had. The
deciding factor is that they paid about $1500 for their laptops and I
paid about $500 for mine. So I do believe you get what you pay for,
and when it comes to reliability Mac's do pay off in less down time.

Cheers!