Hi Dark,

I pretty much agree with what you said below. I don't generally have a
problem with menus in games accept that in certain adventure games
like Chillingham the menus are a bit too clunky. Plus would be rather
time consuming to program. A parser system would be far more
appropriate in that situation.

However, in turn-based strategy games like Trek 2000 and STFC I don't
see a real problem with menus. I can see a lot of games where a menu
would be preferable over other methods of user interfaces. They are
even better when certain hot keys are assigned to various menu actions
like n for new game, c for continue game, s for save, whatever.

Cheers!