Hi.
This is a good thread. It gives us at VGA things to think about with our own projects. Without spoiling too much we definitely have been trying to keep the game play really simple. I'm actually concerned that people may find our first game to be too simple and wonder why we really expected people to want to play it. But in actually the game is pretty complex, it's sort of like an iOS device, simplified complexity. At the same time, I think you'd have to make sure the game is, as others are saying, keeping the player engaged, so they want to keep coming back for more. I think replay value itself applies here too, we've talked about that on here before. We hope not to make all of our games menu driven, that would be a bit tedious just from a coder standpoint, messing with the same kind of code all the time for various projects. But at the same time, what's really wrong with the menu driven platform? There are lots of really cool menu driven games out there. So we thought we would try to make a menu driven game that would take advantage of what we could think of that the menu driven platform provides. One prime example is useful for beginner users. We have built in a menu specific f1 keyboard shortcut that opens our documentation up to the specific portion that covers what the menu you were in when you hit f1 does. That's a little easier to do when the player is in a specific menu as is the case most of the time in our yet to be released project. Also, if it were some sort of realtime simulation game, this would have to pause the game if we did manage to make it activity specific, so if you imagine trying to bring this functionality over to shades of doom, I guess you would have to figure out maybe you need help navigation around in a room if you press f1 while your character is standing in a room. The game would have to pause if you press f1 so no monster can come butcher you while you're innocently trying to read help files with the game puttering along in the background. With menus, the game is always paused when it presents you with menus anyway so it makes a little easier sense. We have tried to make the speech really good quality and very responsive. This we thought was another way to make menus more useful. If it's really fast to arrow through the menu in search of the desired option that would be a help. Anyway, I feel like I've been rambling on long enough here, but this is a good thread, I'm watching closely.

should we finally get to the point where we may try to develop games with me