Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:06 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game taste was: Re: regarding temporal disturbance

Hi Brian,

The Atari Flashback is a system which emulates old Atari 2600 and Jaguar games.

There are currently I believe, 6 or 7 generations / variations of this system which each have varying numbers of built-in games.

• Atari Flashback (20 games)

• Flashback 2 (40 games)

• Flashback 2+ (40 games - different than FB2)

• Flashback 3 (60 games)

• Flashback 64 (64 games)

• Flashback 4 (75 games)

• Flashback 4 (different version - 76 games)

These are all plug and play systems and the 2 has actual Atari 2600 hardware so it can be modded to accept original Atari cartridges.

There are also Atari 2600 junior systems which are meant to run original Atari cartridges which do not have built-in games.

Additionally, there are joystick versions of these plug and play emulation devices for the Atari 2600, which have smaller numbers of games in them.

There are also other emulation systems which emulate other consoles from the 80s and 90s as well.

It's really amazing to see these older Atari games making revivals after so long. While these were way fun to play visually, for myself, I'm just not sure how well / fun these would carry over just listening to the rather well, older audio for hours on end. lol!

Thanks,

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!