He says that it would be wrong to make his games freeware because it would
punish the people who bought them, but by not offering them at this point,
he is punishing people who actually would buy it.  So here is what I would
propose.
1.  Continue to see the games, with the following disclaimer:
No further updates will be forthcoming for these titles, and no further
support will be provided.  You agree that you are purchasing the product as
is, and any technical issues that you encounter will be solely your
responsibility to sort out.
2.  Make the key generation automatic.  His concern was that making keys
each time a user changed computers or hardware was time consuming and, to
use his own words, ridiculous.  While I agree that the whole hardware
ID/locking code way of authorizing a product is absurd and makes no logical
sense, he chose that method, so it's not like he didn't understand the
ramifications.  However, he can fix it.  Simply make the key generation
automatic, just as Justin did with BlindSoftware.  This auto generation
would cover both new and replacement keys, just as it did in Justin's case.
While I understand his reasoning for not making the titles free, I simply do
not think that it is fair that new prospective customers be penalized.  And
since, by his own admission, he has received emails from prospective
purchasers, it seems silly not to continue to sell them.

Jody