Hi all,

I just wanted to chime in with a quick word regarding the warning on the website. We feel that the warning is clear, easy to understand and prominent enough to not be missed. It is in the original post on both this list and the audiogames.net forum, and on the website before you download the game. We feel that having you click a button to agree that you are 16 or older would not really serve any useful purpose since the warning is there in black and white so to speak. In short, we have done all that we can reasonably be expected to do to make people aware of the nature of the content in the game, and anything beyond that is up to the individual.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
On 5/1/2015 10:07 PM, dark wrote:
@Desiry, in fairness to Jeremy his objection to the game is based on it's actual content and the motivation of it's characters, not just it's depictions of violence.

Jim kitchin's games are all clearly marked as adult, indeed they're in a separate part of his site from his other games and on audiogames.net they're listed as "Adult xxx" with clear warnings in the description, ---- and yet actually we have still had a couple of complaints (though I have a sneaking suspicion those were from people who downloaded the games without reading what they were before hand).

As a side scroller, even as a side scroller with weapons and action,Psychostrike is rather more innocuous, sinse the area under scrutiny is the senselessness of the slaughterings and crimes involved, not intrinsically their depiction.

I'm not going to get into the debate again about this, but in fairness I can see why perhaps a more prominant warning on site might be useful, perhaps one contained in some of the links, eg list the game as "psycho strike game with extreme violence" or have a confirmation message box with the warning text somewhere rather than listing the game next to other innocuous titles like paladin of the sky and adventure at C:.

Once the warning is displayed however, what people do is their affair. Heck, I suffer genophobia and could not play one of jim Kitchin's adult games without extreme discomfort, but thanks to the warnings I have never had to, either deliberately or by accident, which is really all you can say.

All the best,

Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Desiree Oudinot" <turtlepowe...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] physical cd's and PayPal accounts

I'm trying to remember which game it is that I've played that makes you agree that you're over 18 each time you play it. That's going to bother me now. It's an audio game, I believe, and while I think that's overkill, maybe a similar thing could be put in place in this game as well.

I also have to ask this, why didn't anyone ever complain about the content in some of Jim Kitchen's sexually explicit games? Those games are free, are very small downloads, and are actually very easy to hide, because they're buried in a mess of other games inside a rather disorganized directory structure. No offense intended by saying that, I'm just stating a fact. But I apologize for being blunt. Anyway, I would argue that children have probably downloaded these games, too, but I've never heard a peep about it.

Same with Slender, the Lost Vision. This game, if memory serves, was released shortly after the incident which Dark referenced in a previous message in which a girl was nearly killed because her friends thought they were going to please Slenderman. Again, this game is free, relatively small, and easy to access. So why is Psycho Strike getting a bad rap when other questionable content has been released in the past? Maybe I just didn't hear about similar objections that were raised?