Desiree ,

Unfortunately, what you say is true. No matter what protections are
put in place, no matter how many hoops a person has to jump through,
there is absolutely no way to insure someone who is under age etc
can't get the content. There is just no way to do that without some
extremely draconian measures, and even then there are ways around
those safety measures. The best one can settle for is a system in
which protects the developer and makes the person downloading the
content responsible for his or her own actions.

Cheers!