Desiree,

I think during the debate we had on list a couple of days ago Jeremy's
actual point got lost in the discussion. The basic point he was
getting at was there was a lot of senseless violence without any kind
of justification or reason for it. When you enter the party it gives a
simple statement to the effect "you don't' know why but you just
started killing people at a party." His point was that is no
justification, no reason to, go mindlessly kill 10 people. If he plays
a game he wants to know why he is doing it, and have some better
justification for it.

In my personal case I was objecting more to the violence itself. Like
Jeremy I'd like to have some better justification or reason to kill
people, even virtual people, than just because I decided to go do it
for some unknown reason. I also think it is a poor game design, and
should be corrected. Moreover while I was playing I just felt
uncomfortable playing the game because in my mind it was wrong, I felt
dirty, and uneasy about mindlessly going around killing people. I
don't feel that way when fighting my way through hoards of zombies,
robots, or some other non-human enemy so my objection is more about
the ethical conflict I had with playing the game.

As for Jim Kitchen's games they aren't mixed in with his other games.
He has appropriately moved them onto a page of their own and there is
no way for someone to download one of his games without knowing they
are adult content. So you seem to be slightly misinformed about where
they are located on his site.

In any case I am unsure why they haven't generated more debate. The
only thing is I figure the adult members of this list and the Audio
Games Forum don't find them that objectionable. I certainly don't have
any objections over them and wouldn't have any reason to complain
myself.

Cheers!