From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stefen Hudson
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 6:39 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Monkey Term revisited for vista please

Hi again.

Connecting with MonkeyTerm is actually pretty easy. If you already have the
import.xml file, just follow these steps. That may be why you're having
trouble to begin with. These instructions assume that you're using JAWS for
Windows. If you're using another screen reader supported by the VBScript
code in your import.xml file, modify them accordingly.

1. Open the MonkeyTerm application.
2. From the list box, choose new session.
3. Fill out the fields presented. They'll already have information for
astromud filled in, so just erase that and enter the information for Alter
Aeon. Session name should be something that you can identify the session
with. For the host name, put in dentinmud.org, and for the port, put 3010.
When all the information is entered, press enter. The client will connect to

the server, but you won't hear anything yet. We'll fix that in the next few
steps.
4. Open the file menu and select import/merge xml.
5. Navigate to the folder where you saved import.xml. When you've located
the file, either hit the open button or simply press enter in the combo box.

The import.xml file contains the VBScript code that tells MonkeyTerm how to
interface with JAWS using the JAWS API. Without it, MonkeyTerm will not
speak.
6. You should hear JAWS say, "JAWS speech ready." At this point MonkeyTerm
will be interfaced with JAWS, and everything coming through the client
should be spoken. If this is not the case and you get a bunch of VBScript
errors when you look with the JAWS cursor, the dll libraries might not be
registered. If you've installed and run the GMA solitaire game, all those
dlls should have been registered. If they still aren't, then we have a
bigger problem that I unfortunately don't know how to solve.
7. Before doing anything else, save your session file with ctrl+s, or go to
the file menu and choose save. I recommend saving the file in the MonkeyTerm

directory, as it will be easier for you to find. Give the file a meaningful
name and either hit enter right there or choose the save button.
8. Close MonkeyTerm, then reopen it.
9. Use the arrow keys to find your new session file and press enter on it.
You should hear JAWS say, "JAWS speech ready," letting you know that
MonkeyTerm is interfaced with JAWS again.
10. Press f4. You will find yourself back at the session information fields.

Everything should be filled out already, so press enter. You should hear the

welcome screen of Alter Aeon, and be all ready to go.

If you've followed these steps and MonkeyTerm still isn't speaking, I
recommend going to gutterstar.net and downloading GMud and the JAWS scripts
for that program if you don't already have it. Use that until you can get
MonkeyTerm to work.

hth