Hi Che,

I agree the envelope should be pushed with accessible games, and quite
hard, but given the overwhelming majority of windows users out there at this
point in time, for me the R and D time is better spent making a windows game
as fun and immerssive as possible.
End quote

Well, there is nothing wrong about that point of view. However, some
languages like Java really make it easier to make applications cross
platform , and if I can make a game multiplatform and as fun and as
immerssive as possible all the better. So I am willing to put in a few
hours of research to see what exactly can be done. So far I am turning
up some good info on how to make Java games with force feedback game
controllers for Windows while supporting just keyboards and mice for Mac
OS and Linux. If my research is true I might be able to have my cake and
eat it too.

 if you decide to make raceway or any other game cross platform I will
be very interested in the
results, and I am sure other developers will as well..
End quote

Well, assuming that I succeed in producing the first multiplatform
accessible game I will be sure to let all the game developers  know the
results of my research. I've been working on this project for a couple
of months, and over the passed three days alone I have turned up allot
of information which suggests that what I want to do isn't impossible.
Just needs tested and researched with a few game projects. Which
something small like some card or board games would be a great place to
start for something like that.

I am not sure how complex the conversion would be for your Star Trek game,
but given that you already have the code for it, that might make a good test
case, eh?
End quote

That is a primary example of a game that would be good for cross
platform testing. It is free, there aren't allot of sounds in the game,
and it doesn't need allot of complicated game controls. While I don't
have the original STFC source code any more I remember the source code
in enough detail that creating it in Java or Python shouldn't be super hard.

Cheers.