Hi Geremy,
Agreed. I am not as interested in so much the full custom driver, car,
and track thing is making the game more authentic to true Nascar driving
and racing. In this respect having a human doing announcements is much
better. Especially, when there needs to be some excitement in the
announcement.
For example, you are on the final lap you are the leader. You want the
announcement to say something in an excited sportsmans voice, "One more
lap until victory lain!"
Other senarios require equal emotion to make the game feel real. Like
Thomas Ward has just put on a huge burst of spead and now is in the
lead. Geremy Gilley is now in second place. Ron is still trailing the
pack, and needs 5 more laps to complete this race.
Of course, if we wanted to be totally authentic it would be sort of
funny to include some loud, upset, ticked, off cussing at some choice
moments. Where in h*** did he come from? Oh s***, his front tire just
blew itself to h*** and back. Though, since this is a G rated game I
won't have any of that, but it would be funny.