The game doesn't completely lock up, it was something else locking up, I
don't know what.
But this is what I  experience. It seems like, if I'm in the underground
level, the music stops and once I hit right arrow or any game key for that
matter the music plays again and I can continue with game play. It seems
like I'm staying in the same level all the time, because each time the song
plays and then stops, and only if I hit a game key then it plays again and
game play continues.
Can someone please help me how to ensure my midi on my computer is
correctly? Plese e-mail me off-list as to not make this off-topic.
I have turned my midi volume a little down to hear the sounds better, but I
don't know where to check for errors with my midi playback.
Was anybody able to complete the entire game?
Any help is much appreciated as it's a cool game.
I'm glad  thommy  used sounds similar to the nintendo sounds.
]it makes the game feel natural.
Also, I hear a kind of block sound. In the  learn game sounds menu its
called: block above but sometimes if I jump  on it, no  brick is smashed, I
just hear mario's jumping sound as if he jumps on the spot fruitlessly.