Hi Shaun,
Well, how much you have to spend on a new key depends on the developer.
BSC has a very fair policy about handling new keys, and key
replacements. So does GMA. Microsoft is one of the companies that screws
you royally for a new product key, and one of the reasons I am beginning
to use more Linux software. I am tired of their draconian policies.
Like a lot of honest people I do not mind paying for software. What I do
mind is paying through the nose to get a new key for it if I get a new
laptop or replace a motherboard in a desktop computer. That is a
rediculous and unfare policy MS has regarding their Windows products.
It is one thing if you have to pay $35 for a new accessible game and
quite another if you have to pay $120 or more for a new key for Windows
Home Basic.