Hi Damien,
Smile. Welcome to the wonderful world of international business. I don't
know a single U.S. or British company that hasn't had the same
complaints about trying to open up foreign markets. It is one thing if
we are trying to open up a market between countries that use the dollar,
pound, or Euro, because all of those currencies still will bring back a
reasonable return of sale. However, in third world countries were there
currency is very week it makes equal trading practically impossible.
Fortunately for you guys in the U.K. I think the pound is still on the
silver standard. That allows your currency to keep a very high market
value, and follows trends in the trading of silver. Here in the U.S. the
powers that be took us off the gold standard in1913, and the dollar has
gone up and down in value ever since.