Hi Thomas,

Actually the pong ball was a rectangle because it was one pixel.  That was how
poor the resolution was on the Atari 2600.  But hey if you didn't look too
close at it, it did kind of look like a round ball.

I have not done any graphics for a very long time.  I do remember redefining
the ASCII character set on my Texas Instruments 99 4a to draw pictures with it.
 The Extended Basic programming cartridge for the Atari 800 XL home computer
had some special game graphics functions, like sprites.  Once you drew it you
could give it a direction and speed and it would continue moving until you told
it to stop.  I believe that they also had automatic collision detection.

But heck I don't even like putting text on the screen in windows because JFW
will not report row and column as JFD did.  You know I liked to keep the text
organized in columns etc.  So now I just go for self voicing or for some little
programs like my blood sugar and blood pressure tracker program I just use the
VB6 input boxes.

BFN

     Jim

ASCII and it shall be given unto you.