I hope this isn't too off-topic for the list. If so, please e-mail
privately with answers.

First, creating a server behind a router can pose problems. Is it
usually workable to be behind a router if you're on the client side or
are the same difficulties present?

Second, if I want to create a server, and I am behind a router, what
are the ports I should forward and under what protocols? I tried 25989
with TCP and UDP but it said I couldn't start the server. Next, I
tried making my computer a DMZ, risky but what the heck. When I tried
that, I didn't even get the "server failed" message. The program just
kind of froze. What am I missing here. When I patch my computer
straight through to the internet, everything's fine. It's only when I
add my router that there are problems.

Help, please.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard