Hi,
Yes. The thing to keep in mind is that if I were to add sounds and music I would not be able to release this as a free project. I was sincerely hoping to make this a free venture, and if I have to pay for sounds/music then I have to charge for those additions to the game which isn't what I had planned for. Also one of the goals I really want to try with this game is begin opening USA Games up to multiple platforms. I did a lot of research this passed year, and I discovered the only realistic way to do that is to use simple user interfaces like text and as little proprietary operating system specifics as possible. Making cross platform games is difficult unless you want to use something like SDL ESpeak, and other open source technologies instead of Sapi, DirectX, etc. So I'll start with something simple and work from there.

dark wrote:
My thoughts exactly.

the point is it's a text adventure, so it's all about the writing quality.

If however tom's game has rpg like features such as combat, bosses etc, some sounds or music would be a nice addition, ----- though by no means essential.

Beware the Grue!