To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 1:31 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] A Few Questions: deekout and the game pack

I'm writing all this in one e-mail so I don't end up sending two or three. First, how can you play Super Deekout with Vista? I keep getting a message about needing DirectX 8 or higher and I have 10. I tried setting the compatability mode and running it as admin, but nothing. Any ideas? Second, I've almost completed work on my games pack for the PM, which works with 4.1 and presumably Omni as well. I've decided go the route of Wrecking Ball and make it donationware rather than freeware. All these games are at least relatively accessible. Some games, like the chess game, don't have graphics for blank squares until you move a piece off of a square, and I don't know how to make the display show and synth read that squares are there. What I did was to set up the advanced key to cause the arrow keys to move the mouse directly, like shift alt arrows on the PC, and, having determined the correct number of pixels to move, scripted that as well. Another game, Daleks, uses similar methods. It's the only arcade game that is even somewhat accessible to the PM. I have also refurvished some graphics files for games in the old pack such as NetHack, and added a collosal sound pack which only slows the game slightly, only noticeable at the beginning of the game when the sounds are loaded. Feedback as how to fix these problems, other games you think might be made accessible and so on would be welcome. I'm currently working on a freecell clone--but no promises--the layout is a bit odd.