So it would just be a matter of finding a dev willing to take the time and make the attempt. As for Pirtates, I remember my brother playing it back in the early 1990's, although it could have been around for a good few years before that. I don't reember what the plot was exactly but I seem to recall that part of it involved finding some kidnapped family members, all while doing all the usual pirate stuff, plundering, looting and all that. I remember it used a lot of classical music pieces. It sounded like a lot of fun. ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Copywrite and abandonware

Well as I've said before Bryan, I'm confident original prince wouldn't take all that much doing, ---- if someone could just go through the doss code and make playing of appropriate sounds in appropriate locations.

heck, there's even about 90 independently produced level packs for the game which would be playable if the engine was dealt with.

Source code is deffinately available as well, and while we're on the subject, though the modern prince of persia and associated remakes are most deffinately copywrite, ---- the original Jordan Meckner game is certainly freeware by now, ---- hence the maaaany extra levels.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Peterson" <b-peter...@hotmail.com>