Hi Bryan,
True, but companies don't see it that way. Sony's immediate reaction to building in more accessibility features like talking menus was something to the effect thanks for the suggestion but that their polacy was not to except ideas, suggestions, etc from end users of their products. If the developers/engineers came up with the idea it would be possibly used, but if not, then that feature had to be disregarded. I felt their polacies were dcompletely anal and they were intentionally ignoring accessibility suggestions do to some corperate polacy or other. Nor would the let me talk to their developers to shoot programming ideas by them. Totally closed comunication wise which means we don't have an easy route to get to the people unless we go public by drawing attention to the matter through television, radio, papers, etc.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
True enough, but I'm certain that if these mainstream game designers were to find out where blind gamers congrigate and conduct some accessibility surveys in those communities they would probably attract many more potential customers. People who weren't gamers up until then but had the interest might be encouraged to come forward with their ideas. I just happen to feel that their lack of understanding is as much their own fault for not bothering to find out as it is ours for not being able to enlighten them. And again, we've been trying to enlighten them for years without much success. So while I understand their concerns I don't have much sympathy for them.