To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:37 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Would you pay $50 for a killer controller?

Hi all,
I am ramping up plans for an online head to head fighting game. At first it will mostly be a test bed for latency issues, so I can see what the limitations are for head to head combat over the internet. One idea I am picking at is the inclusion of The nintendo Wii controllers for the game. It is possible to use the Wii controllers via a blue tooth hookup with a PC.
 Having used these controlers on my Wii, I can tell you they are amazing.
In the boxing game, the faster you punch with the controller, the harder your character punches. In Mortal Combat, you draw a pattern in the air with your controller to execute certain moves. All of this functionality is available with the PC port of the controller software.
 My question is, how much would the average blind gamer be into this?
I think the draw to a head to head fighting game would be good, assuming lag issues could be worked out, but would the average gamer be willing to drop the $50 or so necessary to buy a controller and blue-tooth hook up? The possibilities for useing the Wii controllers is immense for accessible gaming, most especially for action titles. The balance board can be used as well, another $80 or so. Think of the ability to dodge your opponent simply by leaning, or run away from a monster by, well, running.
 Anyhow, it is an exciting concept, what do you guys think?
Later,
che