Hi Thomas,
I had this happen with a Harpy in room 12 and it sounds like the enemy was 0 distance away.
This would disable some if not all of your weapons.
I was attacked when reaching the top of the staircase and got out of it by quickly moving to the left, turning around and firing a gun at the creature. Luckily I had 100 health at the time and had a healing potion to restore a major hit on me.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 7:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Bug in MOTA.

Hi Ryan,
Hmmmm...Interesting. I myself haven't seen anything wrong, and resolving
any bugs if there is one in this case is like looking for a needle in a
hay stack. About the only thing I can think of is disable the random
enemy flag for room 12 and see if that resolves your issue.

Ryan Conroy wrote:
Hi Tom,

This one is going to be hard to reproduce, but when you encounter an enemy at the top of the first staircase you always die. You can not kill him like normal enemies.
Hope you can fix it.
Ryan C.