Hi Anthony,
Yeah, those are two very important updates to have. Just for your information I am in the process of updating my web site and one of the updates I will be putting on the site is DirectX (March 2009) which was released last week. So if you haven't downloaded DirectX wait until I let everyone know when the updated release is up on site or grab it direct from Microsoft.
HTH

Anthony Vitale wrote:
thanks to some of you I am finally getting it. it would have been fairly simple if in the begining someone had written and said "you absolutely need direct x and the microsoft framwork" and explained what they were Then told me where I might locate them. I have a dialup connection so I am on my third night of downloading the microsoft framwork because it is so huge and I don't want to tie up my phone for 35 hours in a row. As far as direct x I'll get that in one night but the confusion could have all been avoided had someone given me simple specific information and dirrections for what I needed. I finally got enough pointers and the correct direction, so thanks to those who helped. Well it is almost done now and after this I should be ready to try some games, maybe the ones I downloaded .
Thanks for your assistance
Tony