Holding the gun against your hip does work. It's stable and the kick is nearer to your center of gravity, so won't affect you as much.
---
Shepherds are the best beasts.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 5 Released!

Hi Jim,
That's interesting. I've never been told to try that before. As far as shoulders getting sore my grandpa's old shotgun packs one heck of a kick. My step dad is, or was, a game hunter, and he tried it one time and it knocked him on his rear. Plus he had a pretty sore shoulder the next day. It was sort of funny to watch.
Smile.

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Bryan,

One day after many many rounds with a 12 gauge my shoulder was getting sore. My friend told me to just hold it with one hand against my hip. It surprised me, but it worked just fine. It was even fun.

BFN

    Jim

Effective Gun Control:  Keep muzzle pointed at target.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA