hi,
I just started programming recently and I, too, prefer  short names.
like $res instead of $resultOfTheCoinFlipOutcome which was something I took from my first game I released some time ago. the only places where I had to use longer names was when a custum function used letters in vars as keyboard names so then I was getting errors because comm audio was trying to open a keyboard key. lol.

To: "Thomas Ward" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] super liam versus danger city

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I would hate to be the person that is trying to analyze my code and figure out my thought processes. <grin>

I do need to declare some variables, such as Public ones, and things like Public speed as double

And from some version of Basic I am still in the habit of putting a dollar sign at the end of string variables. So all of my games have a g string. Such as the line of code from Key Down g$ = KeyCode

But otherwise I like to just be able to use variables on the fly. Needing to go back and declare one every time that I need one breaks up my train of thought for the code that I am writing.

I'm sure that allot of my coding style is so non standard because I am just self taught.

BFN

    Jim

Init string?!? No, looks like an old rope to me.....

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA