wow the optagon now that is something I haven't used in a long time.
yup books, news paper articles, and print documents are what you can read with that machine, if you could handle all that vibration on your finger lol.
Sal
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicol Oosthuizen" <noosthui...@sars.gov.za>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] brain teezer

Ok, lets shed some light on the matter.
The optacon, if I spell it right, is a device used in the old days to
read something.
I'm not sure what you can read with the optacon.
If I'm not mistaken, I think you can put a  sighted document such as a
book into it and then it  will  write the letters on your hand palm  so
you put your hand inside it then it will write the letters on your hand
palm .You will not have sighted writing on your hand, it just makes the
pattorns on your hand.
You need to know how  each sighted letter looks like in order to use
this machine. I do not know if it is still used today.
I hope this is not as clear as mud?
lol