Hi,
Agreed. I often run my desktop with the monitor off for exactly the same reasons you pointed out. If I am the only one using the computer with speech there is no need to have the screen on waisting power, risk ruining the monitor from over use, etc. If anyone like Nicol is asked why his/her monitor is off maybe they should approach it from this angle. As far as someone getting suspicious over a monitor being turned off that's just ridiculous, over bearing, and also disturbing. Anyone who does that is neither your friend or family. What they are is your jailer. No offense.

dark wrote:
Even though i actually can see and do use a screen on occasion for things like watching films, when i'm merely doing something with speech or audio i always turn my screen off anyway. It saves power and stops my monitor from burning out, ------ especially true if i've had my desktop on for an extremely long time listening to audio.

Imho there's no point having a monitor on if nobody is using it, especially for a long time.

It severely disturbs me that what you privately do in your own home by your own choice is so strictly sensored in this way, ---- especially if you yourself aren't a jahova's witness.

Beware the Grue!