well phill if you manage to get the sword then its a valuable  weapon.
It does take time to smash the boss but you should be ok.
never bothered with the view command, but I may try this.
On that note tom there was the ocational exit to the desktop when enter
inventory, or saving a game or pressing things but it only happened once.