i'd set that up now, smile, then people who pre-ordered the game could tr all betas and everyone else would have to wait until full release
that way you are making more money

On 2 Oct 2009, at 04:53, Yohandy wrote:

wow thomas. good idea! I really like that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com >
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Preordering was MOTABeta

Hi Trouble, that's true of course, but some people in our comunity have wicked tempers. Even worse I've spoken to my fair share of people that hav a "you owe me" attitude, and it drives me crazy. That said, I've thought about setting up something like an msdn subscription style service. If you can afford it Microsoft has a subscription for msdn that allows you to download betas for MS Office, Windows, etc and you can upgrade to the full product for a discount when it comes out. It is expensive, but it is a way of getting legal copies of their software as they become available, and for a discount when they come out. If I set up a similar service on my web site people would donate x amount each year for games, and as a result they would get all alpha, beta, and full releases of my games for a reduced price or for nothing at all. That's a way of putting money into the company, but also giving people x number of games for a base fee.

Trouble wrote:
I can see your point here, but unlike the one that you took the games over from. You have come out with updates and reasons why you got set back. your right a game can not be done in a day and neither was the earth. pre orders are up to you, but personally i see the head ache makes them not worth it. Just so the others know. Big game companies break out the info on the update. Just to wet your apatite and then take as long as they want on the release with no info until release. So you could be waiting six munths to over a year for more info on the game you pre paid for, and they do not answer email or letters about said games.