I can see your point here, but unlike the one that you took the games over from. You have come out with updates and reasons why you got set back.
your right a game can not be done in a day and neither was the earth.
pre orders are up to you, but personally i see the head ache makes them not worth it. Just so the others know. Big game companies break out the info on the update. Just to wet your apatite and then take as long as they want on the release with no info until release. So you could be waiting six munths to over a year for more info on the game you pre paid for, and they do not answer email or letters about said games.

At 08:31 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
Hi Haden,
We are currently not taking preorders for any of our games at this time. The main reason is it causes both the customers and developers too much stress. Ever since taking on both Alchemy's preorders and my own I've been frequently hounded over those games. "When will the game be released? Why is it taking so long to release the game? Can I have my money back? If you don't show me a demo of the game I paid for I'm going to take you to court." As you can see some of the inquaries can get quite nasty. What many of these ccustomers fail to realise is I can't do it all over night. It isn't my full time job, and I purely work on the games for fun in my free time. I never signed up to be a target for someone's hate mail, or to be threatened to be sued over using the sales of the preorders to buy content for the game/games in question. The also fail to realize by answering their endless nag messages is time better spent on working on said games.

Hayden Presley wrote:
What about USA Race Way? I'm really looking forward to that one...can you
still preorder that one?
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:14 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA beta 7

Hi Haden,
You can't. All preordering was done during the Christmas season of 2007 when I was expecting to release Montezuma's Revenge. Unfortunately my plans got screwed up when the mainstream copyright holders of that game decided to threaten me with a law suit if i didn't discontinue the product.

HTH

Hayden Presley wrote:

And how do you preorder?
Hayden