Hi,
Actually, XAudio2 is no longer in beta. As of March 2009 and so on the version you get with the DirectX upgrades is the full stable release of XAudio2. So if you upgrade DirectX to March 2009 and SlimDX to March 2009 you have the current most stable release of XAudio2 and the Managed XAudio2 library respectively.

Cheers!

Munawar Bijani wrote:
Hi,
If you select C Sharp.NET your best bet is to get SlimDX which includes a DirectSound and XAudio wrapper (I tend to use the former since it's not in beta by Microsoft):
http://code.google.com/p/slimdx
This is the library I use. You will have to write your own functions for handling audio but it's not too difficult to do. The SlimDX API just allows .NET programs to interface to DirectX. So with it you have the full power of DX in .NET.
Munawar A. Bijani
"Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
http://www.bpcprograms.com