Not only that but there would be financial considerations as well as you well know. I for one couldn't see a graphics designer, unless perhaps you knew him or her very very well personally, agreeing to put time and effort into your project for little to no financial gain of their own.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Questions for all you game developers on the list

Hi Bryan, quite right. Most accessible game developer's don't worry about graphics for two reasons. First, they can't see enough to draw the images themselves, and have no one available who is willing to do the work. Second, even if they find someone to make them they still can't see it. So either way it is time and energy spent on something that isn't very useful or accessible to a blind gamer.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
So far as I know most audio game devs don't even bother with graphics since they're totally blind or visually impaired enough that graphics wouldn't do them any good. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.