To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:34 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Questions for all you game developers on the list

Hi All. I am in the midst of writing an accessible video game and have a few questions to ask. First up, I'd like to know which open source engine is most frequently being used by all you experienced developers, or hav you had to build a graphics and audio engine for your game from scratch? Second, I am still juggling in my mind as to whether I'll code my game in cSharp or c++. In comparison, are there any significant drawbacks or significant advantages in terms of performance and reliability if i were to choose one above the other? I am quite profficient in both, although I've taken a microsoft certified course in cSharp, whereas for c++, it has been mostly self taught. Also, if anyone of you could point me to a good tutorial on keyboard input, especially for triggering audio events, I'd really appreciate it. my last question is, if i had to resort to Microsoft's DirectX SDK for developing my game, is there a way to make the keyboard controls accessible? Any input is extremely
welcomed.  Cheers! and thanks