Hey Chad, I will certainly give this a go. I did notice last night in the
c:\program files\simu\sge file folder a file called, sge.sal. Here is the
contents of that file after I tried to log into the game using the game
FULLGAMENAME=Simutronics Game Entry
Doing a windows search, this was the only .sal file on the hard drive. But,
I will go through these instructions and save the sal file to disc as the
instructions say, and post back what I find out.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Fenton" <cwfen...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 4:19 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Follow-up to Simutronics playing through telnet
I'll experiment wih this later, as I'm surprised the original method I
plsted may not work, but I found alternative instructions from about a
month ago on a Gemstone IV forum regarding playing with a non-supported
Simutronics client. They are similar to what I originally posted, just
looking for a different file with a .sal extension. I've rewritten the
instructions in places for conciseness and clarification.
1. Log in to your Simutronics account at the GS website and go to the "Go
2. Select the character with which you wish to play. Don't log in to the
3. Select either the Wizard or Stormfront as your client.
4. Click the "Go Play!" button. When you do this, your web browser should
hopefully attempt to open a file ending in .sal. Save that file to your
5. Open the saved .sal file in Notepad. The most important lines are the
last three lines, starting with GAMEHOST, GAMEPORT, and KEY.
6. Now go into GMUD or your client of choice. Enter whatever comes after
the '=' in the GAMEHOST line as the "Host" to which you want to connect.
7. Enter the GAMEPORT into your client's field.
8. Connect to the game. The client will connect and then appear to hang.
What it's doing is waiting for your KEY and your front-end choice. We'll
that in the next two steps.
9. Copy whatever comes after the '=' in the KEY line of the .sal file
directly into the MUD client and hit enter. This will send your key to the
it will seem as if there is no response.
10. Now type into your MUD client the following (and then hit enter):
That should connect you to the game. Good luck!
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.