Hi Shaun,
In this case it isn't a soundcard issue. I've noticed that the Heather voice has a tendancy to pop and click sometimes when saving certain words an frazes with Text Aloud. I've tried to cut down on the pops and clicks as best I can, but a few still got through. If there was a better option as far as a voice goes I would use it. During one of the private betas I used Scansoft Karen, but I got complaints that people couldn't understand the speech do to the Australian accent. Since I don't really have a really high quality American English voice besides Heather I'm sort of stuck with it.

shaun everiss wrote:
could be a sound card or driver issue I have had cards that click.
its the reason I have not updated my realtech hd because later drivers click
loads more although I suspect the card clicks.
I had a ac97 that clicked loads till I upgraded the drivers.