hmmm.
I come from new zealand so its the other way round for me.
However don't dispair, have you tried a brittish voice?
I am using orphius1 which is well it says uk but it sounds more new zealand
than anything else so maybe thats why.
You always could try espeak although it sounds like a can still its ok for what
it is.
I suppoe you could try anna.