weird.
 if ie is the one crashing and its ie8, turn off memmory protection and smart
screen filter in the advanced options of ie8.
these seem to intifeer with things like pcpitstop which they shouldn't but they
do.
My theory is that it sends stuff to ms, this action of this usually is fine but
it causes something to go wrong.