Hi Mike,
First, just a slight correction. Windows 7 comes with DirectX, but not Managed DirectX. Managed DirectX is a specialized component for DirectX that allows .NET developers to support DirectX 9.0C. There is a newer API called SlimDX which I haven't yet converted too at this time. Point is neither Managed DirectX or SlimDX come as a part of Windows 7. Second, when you climb up the rope there will be a door to your left and a statue to your right. Open the door to your left first, get the items inside, before opening the statue on your right.

Mike Maslo wrote:
Hi everyone:

Well I fixed my problem because I thought that windows 7 came with direct x
but it turned out that it didn't. I installed it and then all was great.

However I feel embarrassed when I ask this question. This is the first time
I tried the game in all of the betas. I started and found one key and then
went through the wall or the door as it slid open. Anyway I got to the rope
and climbed it but I did not know where to go when I got to the rope. I
climbed to the top and then jumped both right and left. Both times I went
nowhere which would help me move. Is there something I am doing wrong or why
can't I find where to go?