Hi Bryan,
I'd say burned out isn't the word for it. I've been working on Mysteries of the Ancients for going on a year with no clear direction. I've been getting suggestions from people who wanted a more classic game, like Montezuma's Revenge, and then I've got all these gamers who grew up with FPS games and so on that want more modern features. As a result I really have no idea what they really want any more, and I don't think they do either. Weather they knew it or not the game has gotten so close to an FPS game already it is easier to just make one than it would be to go back and make a classic side-scroller. To make a side-scroller, a classic one, I would basically have to start over from scratch.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Personally, while I do like the idea of more side scrollers in the AG market I like the direction MOTA has taken so far. If keeping that means converting it to an FPS I personally would say go for that. The way I see it it's everybody's fault for requesting all these non-80s feature additions so they should have to live with the consequences. Someone else can develop their classic 80s style side scroller at a later time since I daresay you've become more than a little burnt out on the genre yourself.