Hi Thomas,

Here is my opinion regarding this issue.

As you well know, you cannot please everyone. So having said that, go for what
you want. Take everyone's opinions, and form the best game you want. it is your
blood, sweat, and tears bringing this game to life. it should be pleasurable,
not unbearable. Whichever way you go, make it a labor of love, not agony. I am
pretty sure that the end result will be very good, and to most gamers likings.

Personally, I like the avenue the current version is going. Having had sight
before, I like playing both side scrollers, and first person shooter games. The
one thing none of them had was randomness. The best feature your game has. It
immensely  adds to the replay value of the game. This makes your game unique.
it is not a standard side scroller, nor a 3-d first person shooter, but
something different. Different is what most gamers on this list have been
asking for.

If I had to choose, go for the first person shooter style. 3-d if possible.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Rich