what if, let's say instead of copying and distributing that cassette, you tell the person to turn on the radio at the exact same time you do and record the exact same content? Or you could simply let the person borrow that cassette for a few days, then give it back. they would've still listened to that content even if they never made a copy. This is why I think copyright law is just a total waste of time and makes absolutely no sense. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Strunk" <ryan.str...@gmail.com> To: "'Charles Rivard'" <woofer...@sbcglobal.net>; "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Piracy was: Requesting Rogue Angel Series

Charles,

It is only legal to copy an audio cassette, CD, etcetera if you make only
one copy, and only if that copy is created for your use. If you have a
cassette you want to convert to CD to preserve it longer, that's perfectly
legal. If, however, you copy a cassette or CD for someone else, you are
breaking the law.

Just because a thing is easy or widely done doesn't make it legal.