To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Q9 and cracks

Hi,
Lol! Paranoia is right. I wouldn't reformat my system every month, but I do reformat every six months or so to make sure my system runs at peak performance if and when possible. Windows is notorious for running great when it is installed fresh, but the more you use it the system performance goes way down after a while. The registry gets clogged up with junk, your temp directories fill up with junk, and sooner or later the operating system sort of just self-destructs from so much use. It has pretty poor resource management all and all. I just ran a registry scan a couple of days ago and it found over 2000 registry errors, all created with in the space of a months time, and corrected them. Doesn't that say how easy Windows can go to Hades in a handbag?

dark wrote:
Good grief! reformatting your drive every month sounds like someone who has their house keys locked in a box, ---- and the keys to that box locked in yet another box!

I know if I was a lock smith and someone who was doing this complained at me for making my keys take too much time to unlock I'd ask what planet they were from!

Ditto with registrations.

Security is one thing, paranoyer is another!

Beware the Grue!