Hi Peter,
You have got to be kidding me. Microsoft Sam is like the absolute worst voice I've heard for the computer. If I was going to have my customers suffer through the torment of listening to it I might have just put Sapi 5 support into the Genesis Engine, and be done with it. As far as why I actually switched from Heather to Karen it is a simple matter of the fact Heather has a bad problem with pronunciation. I can give her a word like centaur and Heather totally screws it up, and then I have to fiddle around with the spelling until Heather comes remotely close to saying it correctly. It's not just uncommon words either. I've had Heather say a word like control or enter correctly one minute and then in the next say it completely different. I think you could understand why and how that would drive me completely mad. As far as my selection of game voice goes nothing I choose will please everybody. The only solution would be to add Sapi support into the Genesis Engine. However, not only is it somewhat problematic you have to consider the fact it could take a couple of solid weeks to rewrite all of the speech functions etc to completely convert it over to Sapi. So if you have a better option than Karen please let me know. I have Neospeech Kate, but I'd rather not use it for this game. So how about some options?

peter Mahach wrote:
nods, me too. anything is better than caren. heck I can even cope with sam rofl though if I were thomas I'd either stick to heather or use another voice like neospeech kate just like in the old days.