From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:20 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] About Thomas' Review...

Hi Peter,
You have got to be kidding me. Microsoft Sam is like the absolute worst
voice I've heard for the computer. If I was going to have my customers
suffer through the torment of listening to it I might have just put Sapi
5 support into the Genesis Engine, and be done with it.
As far as why I actually switched from Heather to Karen it is a simple
matter of the fact Heather has a bad problem with pronunciation. I can
give her a word like centaur and Heather totally screws it up, and then
I have to fiddle around with the spelling until Heather comes remotely
close to saying it correctly. It's not just uncommon words either. I've
had Heather say a word like control or enter correctly one minute and
then  in the next say it completely different. I think you could
understand why and how that would drive me completely mad.
As far as my selection of game voice goes nothing I choose will please
everybody. The only solution would be to add Sapi support into the
Genesis Engine. However, not only is it somewhat problematic you have to
consider the fact it could take a couple of solid weeks to rewrite all
of the speech functions etc to completely convert it over to Sapi.
So if you have a better option than Karen please let me know. I have
Neospeech Kate, but I'd rather not use it for this game. So how about
some options?