Hi Nick,
Sure there are. I can tell you right off hand you can find books on Java programming on Bookshare, and Safari has lots of Java books as well. I have a rather large Java collection myself, about 25 books in all, so I know there is quite a bit of material out there on the language. Although, I've tried using java for game development and it didn't work out too well for me. It is fine for simple turn based type games such as the games 7-128 creates, but when trying to use it for fast action side-scrollers and FPS type titles it was disappointingly unable to meet my expectations. The Java sound API isn't exactly as good as using DirectSound or OpenAL, and the AWT keyboard input is too slow for fast action player input. There are solutions for these things such as Joal and JInput, but finding quality documentation on them is another matter.

HTH

Nick Helms wrote:
are there any good java resources for new blind programmers?