Hi,
That's true, and I think it is important to remember the difference in
how we raise our children in the United States. Japan is mostly a Zen
Buddhist country with a completely different cultural and moral
foundation than us. Here in the United States we have the Christian
right which continues to influence the government and public opinion
by trying to get us all to live under biblical law and by Christian
principles. As a result the Christian right tends to go after games,
movies, music, same sex mariages, whatever that they feel doesn't jive
with their religious beliefs. I think they often forget not all of us
exactly share their point of view, and we have as much right to choose
content we like as they do.