Hi Jim,
That's certainly true for some places in Europe, but probably not all.
Some years ago I had a girl friend named Silvia who was from Germany.
When she visited the U.S. she found our society too inhibited
regarding sex. For example, over here we consider prostitution a
crime, but over in Germany, where she lived, it was completely legal
and nobody seamed to have a problem with it.
She also mentioned that she often when to the public swimming pool and
swam naked. Here in the U.S.A. If you when to the local Y.M.C.A. and
stripped down naked and jumped in the pool you would be halled off for
public indecency. Again I'm not sure why Americans have such a problem
with public nudity because if you have seen one naked man or woman
you've pretty much seen them all. We are all born with pretty much all
the same private parts attached.  What is so wrong about seeing what
is natural?
So, yeah, different countries and different cultures have their own
views about sex. Some are quite open about it, and others find the
entire topic of sex offensive. ven in the same country you will find a
mixture of open minded and closed minded individuals. I'm pretty open
about it, but my in-laws  treat the topic like something filthy and
dirty. That no self-respecting person wil bring sex up outside the bed
room which I find a bit too closed minded and inhibited.