Hi,
I have to seriously disagree. I've been a software developer for about
10 years and I can definitely tell you that javascript and html is not
good for games at all.  Oh, if we are talking a web based game like
Sryth ok, but beyond that it has no serious game programming
application here.
Getting back to the subject at hand Duck Hunt was released for the
original NES, and came on the same game cartridge  as Super Mario
Brothers.

HTH